* Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. *
Summary : Schedules and coordinated daily activities of the Microbiology Analysts and technicians. Provides training in test procedures. Maintains inventory of supplies and monitors the performance of equipment. Provides direct support to the Microbiology Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Complete training and/or qualification in all microbiology test methods and operation of equipment related to microbiology testing and environmental monitoring and isolate identification
* Direct daily activities through the assignment of tasks/samples and coordination of analysts and technicians
* Assist the Microbiology Manager in the training of regular or temporary personnel
* Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions, inadequate sample or test documentation, sample processing deviations and problems with method; inform Microbiology Manager of the same
* Monitor inventories of reagents, media and test materials aseptically processed with the lab and direct their preparation; prepare requisitions for the same
* Review and approve attendance reports and vacation schedules; implement disciplinary actions as required
* Prepare and/or revise microbiology procedures as required
* Coordinate quarterly gamma sterilization dose audits
* Coordinate BI qualification and maintain inventory
* Coordinate quarterly bioburden audits
* Maintain schedule of routine analyses, e.g., annual growth promotion, water testing, biennial B/F
* Perform cGMP documentation and calculations; prepare preliminary investigations and support full investigations as requested
* Support the Microbiology Manager during regulatory or customer audits
* Support R&D and Technical Services activities
* Support the Laboratory Systems Supervisor with related activities
* Coordinate microbiology studies, prepare protocols and summary reports as requested by the Microbiology Manager or Associate Director, Laboratories
* Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises micro analysts.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
* B.S. in Biology or other Scientific field of study required
* Working knowledge of GMPs/pharmaceutical environment desirable
* Computer proficiency/Windows environment
* Supervisor experience preferred
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write clearly. Ability to speak effectively.
* Mathematical Skills
Ability to apply basic math concepts.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access, as this individual will perform work within these systems on a routine basis.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written
Ability to organize time in order to successfully manage multiple projects and priorities
Ability to read, understand, interpret and implement technical writing and instructions.
Effective inter-personal relation skills, while maintaining the adaptability to achieve company goals
Verbally expresses ideas and facts in a clear, logical, concise and in accepted grammatical style.
Must pass background check
Must pass drug screen
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives; risk of radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
**Organization:** **AMRI Albuquerque*
**Title:** *Supervisor, Microbiology*
**Location:** *New Mexico*
**Requisition ID:** *1002506*
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
Associated topics: aseptic, bio, biology, microbiology, neurobiology, pathophysiology, protein, stem cell, toxicologist, virus