Maintain and protect the integrity and safety of the pipeline and pump stations, by repairing and maintaining facilities in a safe and cost-efficient manner in accordance with Company policies and procedures and government regulations, while placing special emphasis on supporting the following Core Values: Unmatched Excellence in Customer Service; Being a Flexible, Innovative and Dedicated Employee; Honest and Ethical Behavior; Wise and Productive Use of All Resources; and Safety in All We Do.
- Maintain and repair pipeline facilities. Requires driving long distances on an everyday basis frequently encountering inclement weather and adverse conditions. Equips, maintains, and performs minor repairs on vehicles.
- Maintains and protects the integrity and safety of the pipeline and pump stations. Requires testing and DOT certification to perform operations and maintenance of pipeline facilities.
- Assists in replacement or repair of damaged pipeline in accordance with company policies and procedures and government regulations regarding pipeline replacement. May require the operation of heavy equipment.
- Assists in making minor repairs to the corrosion protection system, which occur during regular maintenance and construction of the pipeline and pump stations.
- Visually inspects pipeline system and third party encroachments to identify conditions, which, may cause damage to the system or might cause emergency situations. Takes pro-active appropriate preventative or corrective actions.
- Ensures proper security, operation, maintenance, or replacement of valves in compliance with Company policies and procedures and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Assists technicians on major repairs and new construction.
- Maintains good site appearance and a safe working environment at pump stations and along rights-of-way.
- As a member of the Spill Response Team promptly and effectively responds to a notice of emergency, such as an emergency shut-down or pressure reduction, to minimize the volume of hazardous material released from any section of the pipeline system. Assists at an accident scene, while minimizing public exposure and ensuring the safety of personnel present. Knowledge of appropriate actions or steps to take in the event of an emergency is required.
- Acts as a relief Operator as needed. Has the ability to perform Operator responsibilities.
- Provides \"Unmatched Excellence in Customer Service\", both internally and externally, in all aspects of the position's responsibilities.
- Takes a pro-active role in \"Safety In All We Do\". Follows all Company safety procedures and policies
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested while demonstrating a flexible and innovative attitude.
- Assists in the operation of the pipeline system as needed during and after normal business hours.
- Takes a pro-active role in the prevention of environmental contamination.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Associated topics: automotive, breakdown, customer service, equipment, field service, field service technician, maintenance technician, mechanical, millwright, repair