CHENEGASECURITY & SUPPORT SOLUTIONS
White Sands, NM
DeputyChief of Security
Exempt,Full Time, Regular
* TheOperational Supervisor-Captain isprimarily responsible to ensure that contractual obligations are met duringrespective shifts. The OS is responsible for exercising leadership, maintaininghigh morale, and the management and supervision of all security personnelassigned to the shift. Duties include but are not limited to managing firstresponse to emergencies, mobile patrols, access and crowd control, inspectionsand searches, traffic enforcement, traffic investigations, arrest, andcontingency posts.
* Followall company personnel and safety policies, and perform all assigned duties in asafe work manner
* Havecomplete knowledge of the site, all buildings and facilities, post orders,emergency contact list, emergency procedures, special instructions and all postduties at the site as they relate to their respective shifts
* Schedule,manage, and supervise security personnel to cover special events, emergencies,or launch operations.
* Administerinstructions to all security personnel assigned to their shift and assure thatall officers assigned to their shift are familiar with the facility and theirduties. Will also be certain that all officers assigned to their shift receiveand understand new, changed, or special instructions.
* Exercisephysical force up to and including deadly force
* Accountablefor the proper use and maintenance of all equipment used at the site by theofficers assigned to the shift
* Managethe staffing of posts during the shift in order to ensure complete coverage.This includes, but is not limited to, coverage for vacations, illness, andcall-offs.
* Ensurethat officers assigned to their shift make timely and thorough logbook entriesand will audit all logbook entries for completeness, accuracy and legibility
* Preparewritten reports for submission to site leadership for all injuries involvingsecurity personnel assigned to the site. All reports concerning incidentscompromising security such as thefts and break-ins, as well as all significantincidents involving security personnel.
* Followapplicable standard operating procedures and NASA regulations pertaining tosecurity of weapons, buildings, personnel, NASA property and equipment
* Conductpersonnel, vehicular, building, & facility checks and package & parcelinspections
* Work flexible hours toinclude weekends and holidays
* Supervisesemployees on shift
* Otherduties as assigned
MinimumQualifications: (Toperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily.)
* MinimumHigh School Diploma or GED
* Beat least 21 years of age
* Honorablydischarged (If Applicable) from the US Armed Forces
* Meetall Firearms qualifications
* Supervisoryexperience preferably with a civilian police force, military police force, orcivilian security guard organization
* Possesssignificant background, either through experience and/or education, in basicsecurity guard procedures including supervision policies and procedures.
* Possessexperience in making decisions affecting security personnel in accordance withpolicies & procedures
* Successfullycompleted all training and have obtained all required permits, licenses,certifications and security/medical clearances for the site
Knowledge, Skillsand Abilities:
* Skillin operating a personal computer and standard office equipment
* Workingknowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing,spreadsheets, database, (such as: MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), andOutlook
* Possessand maintain a valid state driver's license
* Mustbe able to pass a Secret Security Clearance background investigation
* Completedor be able to complete JSCPSC Orientation Course
* Completedor be able to complete NPSTA Federal Arrest Authority Course
* Completedor be able to complete Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response course
* Speak,read, write, and understand the English language, apply written rules, detailedorders, instructions and training material
* Beable to meet any Federal, State, or Municipal requirements to work as an ArmedSecurity Officer
* Haveno record or history of illegal drug use, sale, possession, or manufacture
* Haveno felony convictions and no convictions that reflect on the individual'sreliability including those crimes classified under the Lautenberg Act
* Beable to maintain and qualify periodically on a course of fire with handgun, orother special weapons
* Beable to meet and maintain NASA Physical Certifications
* Beable to successfully pass all required Psychological examinations
* Beable to meet drug testing and alcohol - free workforce requirements to includerandom drug and/or alcohol testing
Physical Demands:(The physical demands describedhere are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.)
* While performing the duties of thisJob, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employeeis frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reachwith hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb orbalance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally liftand/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
* The employee will normally work ina temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure toelectronic office equipment.
* During visits to areas ofoperations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborneparticles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
ChenegaCorporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal OpportunityEmployer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Nativepreference under PL 93-638.
Weparticipate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.